Toggle Date Range on PowerTeacher

amyryan
Journeyman

Toggle Date Range on PowerTeacher

I'm new to a counselor-esque role. What can I toggle on PS Admin to make it so that my teachers aren't seeing two semester's worth of classes when they go in to take attendance? Our schedules are pretty funky, so the list of classes teachers are seeing when they log in is absolutely wild and I'd love to be able to clean up their dashboard. Thank you for any help! 

psscreenshot.PNG

I want this to just be "Semester 2." It isn't editable on the teacher side, so where is it editable on the Admin site? 

To avoid teachers having to look at this mess: 

psscreenshot2.PNG

4 Replies
SharonS1
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Are your semester courses setup as semester courses or only named semester courses?

Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most...
amyryan
Journeyman

Thank you so much for responding. I didn't set up the courses, but when I look at the Master schedule, they all say S2, and they don't show up on the year long schedule. How else can I tell? 

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@amyryan Those S2s are likely Semester 2 courses. There are a number of ways to check but one way is to go to Years & Terms>Edit Terms>Semester 2>Check abbreviation.

You can change the Default Term Level at Setup>School>Miscellaneous (not sure the path for the new interface) if you do not want teachers to see Semester 1 classes.

See attached.

Thank you so much! I never would have thought to look in "Miscellaneous" for that. Really appreciate it.