Teacher Comments, Clear ALL with one button - simple, obvious, yet omitted from software.

SciTeacher2020
Hobbyist

Teacher Comments, Clear ALL with one button - simple, obvious, yet omitted from software.

It is completely unbelievable that with AI and coding, that PowerTeacher Pro does not offer a method for clearing all the comments.   It is one simple button, CLEAR COMMENTS and then a dialogue box that says, "Are you sure you want to clear all the comments?", and the user selects yes.  The entire process and coding is so simple, I cannot believe that an entire programming staff is employed and this issue is still not resolved. Do you need me to write it for you?  I cannot write code, but I can't imagine it taking me more than an hour. 

4 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@SciTeacher2020 

It takes more than "one button", but you absolutely can clear all comments at once. See attached.

But by all means, go ahead and customize your PT Pro. Rumor has it that it won't take you more than an hour.

Thanks for your feedback and the effort you put into earning your badges at great personal sacrifice. I’ve looked at your screenshots, but they don't solve the issue. This post was meant for the software team, not someone outside of it. You might not understand the time and complexity involved in programming a feature to clear all comments, similar to the 'fill' command already present. Hopefully, this will be addressed in future releases from PowerSchool. 

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

OP asks for way to clear comments in PT Pro on Community Forum.

User responds with a way to--wait for it--clear comments in PT Pro.

OP claims this doesn't "solve the issue," and suggests user doesn't "understand the time and complexity involved" in such programming.

But wait! Didn't OP claim that [checks notes]:

"The entire process and coding is so simple, I cannot believe that an entire programming staff is employed and this issue is still not resolved. Do you need me to write it for you? I cannot write code, but I can't imagine it taking me more than an hour."

Do as @DanM3 suggested and put a suggestion into the Ideas Portal instead of berating people trying to solve your issue on the most generic of all forums.

I think @JeffG9 does understand the time and complexity involved.  A general post on the Community Forum (the most general of all PowerSchool related forums) is probably not the best way to reach the software team.  If your original post was meant for them, I would recommend going to the Ideas Portal and making the suggestion there. PowerSchool has setup this specific area for ideas and suggestions like yours to be heard and voted up by others who think it's a great idea and needed enhancement.

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 24.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000