Student Registered Using My Email Address

sterrettfamily
Recruit

Student Registered Using My Email Address

I discovered this morning that my email address was used for a Schoology student registration in the Philippines. I logged into the account and sent a message to one of the student's teachers to explain the situation and advise them to assist the student with registering for an account with an email address she can access. In the meantime, I would like to delete the account associated with my email address. The KB has no instructions on how to request this, so I am posting a message here hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

Please note that the email address associated with this posting is different from the one associated with the Schoology account. As a parent of students at a new school that uses PowerSchool and Schoology, I need to register for parent accounts but haven't received the requisite access codes from their school yet (which is why I was so puzzled to receive a message from Schoology at my other email address to begin with).

Thanks for any help with this,
Phoebe
1 Reply
ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @sterrettfamily,

Thank you for posting in the Community. 

I recommend reaching out to the same teacher whom you connected with earlier regarding your email being used with a student's account. They can connect with their Schoology admins and can release your email from that account. 

We recommend reaching out to your school district for getting the access codes to register as a parent. Post that you can follow the listed instructions Sign-Up in the Schoology as a Parent

1. Go to www.schoology.com. 
  2. Click Sign Up at the top of the page and choose Parent.
  3. Enter your Parent Access Code. This is a 12-digit code in xxxx-xxxx-xxxx format that you receive from one of your child's instructors. 
  4. Fill out the form with your information.
  5. Click Register to complete.

When you use a Parent Access Code to create an account, you are automatically associated with your child. You can add additional children to your account using the Add Child option. 

Notes:
  • Parent Access Codes are unique to each student but can be used to make multiple parent accounts. 
  • If your Parent Access Code does not allow you to register or, if the code does not have 12 digits, please contact your child's instructor or school for more information.

Please let me know if this helps or in case of further questions.

Please consider giving a Kudo to this response if it helps you by clicking on the Thumbs-Up icon.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator