Standards Based Report Card

Highlighted
Rookie

Re: Standards Based Report Card

What if a newbie admin wants a template to start with, knowing that it would still need to be customized for their own school?

Highlighted
Practitioner

For our SBG report card, I had teachers enter their standards into a spreadsheet the way they wanted them in PowerTeacher.  Keep in mind: using lower level standards to determine grades for higher level standards only works for 2 levels.  Sometimes the state standards go 3 or 4 levels down but those won't roll-up when calculating.  I imported the standards then created object reports using standards objects.  

Examples of our K-5 RCs are attached. We are also transitioning to SBG at middle school and I can upload examples of those if you're interested.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Tina, 

Thank you so much for sharing this.  I would love to see the middle school versions if you don't mind.  We're struggling with the upper grades. Thank you so much! 

Jamie Bradley 

Highlighted
Practitioner

Middle School has been challenging.  We started off using a 4pt. standards grade scale and no traditional grading.  Teachers found that a 1 or a 2 didn't really light a fire under anyone like an F did.  So we ended up with this hybrid model.  Parents can also login to the public portal and see grades on all the lower-level standards that roll up into the ones on the report card.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you so much, Tina! This is extremely helpful! 

Jamie