Help

Schoology grade sync to combined PowerSchool assignments

carondomath

Schoology grade sync to combined PowerSchool assignments

Hello!

We have an unconventional math program that treats, for example, Algebra 1 as the same course regardless of what period you are in. What we have always done in PowerSchool is to create one assignment and then combine it (I don't know the exact terminology) with the other class periods. This is super helpful for us so we don't have four versions of the same assignment. It also makes the Course Groups view incredibly useful to see all students in Algebra 1 across all class periods. 

We're making a shift to hold all of our assignments in Schoology to make better use of the grade pass back (we were using Google Classroom and manually entering grades multiple times, horrible). We already have our Schoology classes synced and I thought when I created an assignment it would combine them in a similar way when the assignment was created in PowerSchool. However, it seems like it creates individual assignments for each period. 

I tried deleting all but one assignment and then combining it with the other periods thinking the system would just look for the assignment title, but only grade syncing happens with the period I kept. The other periods don't sync any grades. 

Anyone have any thoughts on a way around this?

1 Reply
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@ameliawillson Posting that you specialize in "Plagiarism and Academic Dishonesty" isn't the flex you think it is. 

This widget could not be displayed.