Schoology Handshake Data

stvxenson
Journeyman

Schoology Handshake Data

Afternoon, I have a son in high school which uses the Schoology web software.  Looking through your data analytics page it appears your software performs a 'handshake' with the machine it connects with and this data appears to be retained by your organization.  I'm particularly interested in the Operating System and if that data is part of the 'handshake'.
There is a particular reason I'm making this request and it involves a schools ability to research an issue my son has had.  It is extremely important to my family and I would love if this information were retained and available for the school upon request.

I'm happy to provide a phone number for anyone to contact me, my son's school ID, school email address, etc.  I'm not asking for the data to be sent to me.  I just would like to know if this information is available to the school, I'm praying that it is.

My email address is in my profile.  Please email me from your offices and I will be happy to provide a phone number to talk.

Thank you.

1 Reply
CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @stvxenson,

Thank you for reaching out to the PowerSchool Community!

The Community function is to provide how-to and troubleshooting as well as provide PowerSchool product customers with a place to collaborate to share ideas.

Your post is geared toward the product support team. I will create a case for you and the support team will reach out to you through the case.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support