SPED Discipline

tstarman
Practitioner

SPED Discipline

Good morning, SPED Discipline reports are open in Colorado.  I ran the report yesterday and it shows zero records.  I uploaded Student Demographics and School Association Reports again just in case I missed something.  Ran the SPED Discipline report again this morning, with the same results. Zero!  I know for sure there is a student on an IEP who was reported with having a state reportable incident.   Are we missing something??  

1 Solution
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @tstarman

If the SPED Discipline reports are blank, there are a few things you have to verify for the student to show up. Please select a student you know should be shown on the report and check for the following:

• The student’s Special Education Entry and Exit Date fields should not be blank. This will exclude the incident from the report. 
  • The student offender and their school enrollment at the time of the incident must also not be excluded from state reporting.
  • The action duration should also be populated: Start Page > Student Selection > Incident List > Incident Details > Click on the Action under Offender
    >  Fill in Assigned Duration

If you have verified the above points and still no records show up, this could be due to a data issue or report issue. You would need to reach out to PowerSchool Support through a case and work with them to fix the issue.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @tstarman

If the SPED Discipline reports are blank, there are a few things you have to verify for the student to show up. Please select a student you know should be shown on the report and check for the following:

• The student’s Special Education Entry and Exit Date fields should not be blank. This will exclude the incident from the report. 
  • The student offender and their school enrollment at the time of the incident must also not be excluded from state reporting.
  • The action duration should also be populated: Start Page > Student Selection > Incident List > Incident Details > Click on the Action under Offender
    >  Fill in Assigned Duration

If you have verified the above points and still no records show up, this could be due to a data issue or report issue. You would need to reach out to PowerSchool Support through a case and work with them to fix the issue.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

tstarman
Practitioner

Good morning Jyotishka 

The student in question is STILL in the SPED program which means the SPED exit date needs to be left blank as they have not left the program, so this confuses me. 

tstarman
Practitioner

Good Morning again Jyotishka 

It was the duration that was the key!!   

Thank you!!!