Reports Question

jremender
Padawan

Reports Question

There is not a way for a special education teacher to run a missing assignments/poorly completed assignments report for students. This should be a feature in PowerSchool and it should be a quick and efficient feature.

For example, many of my students are missing assignments in Math in particular. I should be able to load up a report that includes students on separate sheets of paper that includes all missing assignments from a particular subject. To improve the idea even more, there should be additional filters like "Show all assignments that are <60%" and the report would run every assignment from a particular subject that meets that filter criteria. It would improve completion of mission assignments for my special education students. The only current way that I could do it would be to go to each individual student screen within math and got to the print screen of each of them separately to print them off which would be time consuming.

Special Education teachers do not have access to the PowerTeacher tab in the classes of their students, which is probably where some of these reports can be run from. There needs to be more integration for special education teachers.

Also.. Why can I not access the help tickets and support chat? What is the point of offering those but then not integrate them for standard PowerSchool accounts?

4 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@jremender  If you have been added as a Co-Teacher to sections, you have access to PowerTeacher Pro, which has the Individual Student Report and the Missing Assignments Report. If you only have Admin access, there is the PSCB Custom Reports Bundle which has many reports in various categories, including Grading. See the attached screenshots. The PSCB Report Bundle is a customization available for free from Power Data Solutions. It requires the PSCB Base Resources plugin as well.

https://www.powerdatasolutions.org/content/pscb-custom-reports-bundle

Thanks Jeff! Even if I was added as a co-teacher, would I receive access to every period of that teacher's classes? My corporation technology team has refused access to an administrative account and I am doubtful that they would allow me access to a co-teacher account.

Where can I find the directions that can be sent to my tech helpdesk to help me receive access like this?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@jremender  Co-Teachers only have access to the section(s) they are added to. The security permissions for Co-Teaching roles can also be configured by the PowerSchool Admins.

If your tech folks will not grant you Co-Teacher OR Admin-side access to PowerSchool, then there really isn't anything you can do in PowerSchool. Admin-side access can be restricted by building, but not to certain students within a building, so that may be a security concern for your IT folks.

I appreciate your responses! I am going to send my corporation technology department a helpdesk ticket and hope for the best about co-teaching!