Report fields in Special Programs

vkerner
Padawan

Report fields in Special Programs

I have a report that I run out of special programs several times a week to help me keep up with all of the events in special education.  Yesterday, the information in the report changed.  Instead of simple codes such as ET10, STA, TFYG, etc., I am getting the full descriptions of those codes.  I don't want those descriptions at all.  I have spreadsheets set up with formulas that count these codes.  I merge/compare this information to make sure everything is updated and correct.  Someone PLEASE tell me how I can get my report back to displaying only the codes.  I can not find a field that will return just the codes anymore.

1 Solution
NinaRi
Veteran

Hello @vkerner,

Thank you for your response.  We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.  We created a case on your behalf to determine who the Technical Contacts are for your district.  We will notify you via the case when we have more information. 

In reference to the issue you are experiencing, it sounds like the fields you are using do a reference to a keyword table.  If you edit the report, instead of just the field you originally selected, you should be able to add something like : .keyword or .description after it to pull the specific values you want displayed from the keyword table. 

It will depend on the keyword table being referenced and what fields exist within they keyword table to determine what you want pulled in the report. 

If you don't know where the field pulls the information from and wante more detailed information, then you would need to work with Support so they can see what the field is referencing.

Please let us know if you continue to experience difficulty with this issue after viewing the troubleshooting steps above. 

Nina R.
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @vkerner

To assist you further in retrieving the original report, our support team will need to have a look at your report setup. So, I recommend that you reach out to your district's Technical Contact informing them about this issue so that they can work with PowerSchool Support through a case to fix the issue with the report.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

vkerner
Padawan

Unfortunately, no one seems to know who that would be.  I have tried to get help with a lot of different issues and seldom get anywhere.  We have received very little training or support on this program.  I just want my reports back to how they were last week and I have no idea why they changed.  

NinaRi
Veteran

Hello @vkerner,

Thank you for your response.  We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.  We created a case on your behalf to determine who the Technical Contacts are for your district.  We will notify you via the case when we have more information. 

In reference to the issue you are experiencing, it sounds like the fields you are using do a reference to a keyword table.  If you edit the report, instead of just the field you originally selected, you should be able to add something like : .keyword or .description after it to pull the specific values you want displayed from the keyword table. 

It will depend on the keyword table being referenced and what fields exist within they keyword table to determine what you want pulled in the report. 

If you don't know where the field pulls the information from and wante more detailed information, then you would need to work with Support so they can see what the field is referencing.

Please let us know if you continue to experience difficulty with this issue after viewing the troubleshooting steps above. 

Nina R.
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.
vkerner
Padawan

Thank you so much!   This is exactly what I needed to know.  That worked!

NinaRi
Veteran

Hello @vkerner,

Thank you for the update. We are glad to hear the issue is resolved!  Please let us know if you have any more questions or need further assistance. We will be more than happy to assist you!

Nina R.