Angelam7
Veteran

Re: PowerTeacher Pro - Creating student groups

@Danielle4012,

You are most welcome.

Have a great day!

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Danielle4012
Journeyman

Hi there, I just wanted to ask how long it would take to hear back about adding student groups to PowerTeacher Pro. Can I talk to someone in charge of adding feature to the grade book? My colleagues and I are getting very nervous about this school year and I want to do everything I can to hopefully solve this issue. My corporation is searching for ways to work around this, but they haven’t had any luck yet. Thanks so much!
Community Support Expert jamiem7
Community Support Expert

PowerSchool is currently working to make sure that customers have all of the most important features from PowerTeacher Gradebook available in our most current products.

We're currently working to ensure that all of the final grading functionality that existed in PowerTeacher Gradebook is available for our customers in PowerTeacher Pro, including the ability for teachers to edit the grade scales associated with their courses and how standards can be weighted when calculating a traditional grade. We are also working on expanding reporting capabilities to include reports from PowerTeacher Gradebook, including the missing assignment report and others, as well as other features, such as previewing the effects of an assignment grade on a student's final grade.

In the case of Student Groups, that is functionality we’re currently building in Unified Classroom so that it’s part of the instructional process. PowerSchool is currently researching ways to allow self-hosted customers to adopt Unified Classroom.

Jamie H.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

As a longtime user of the PowerSchool SIS, I was really expecting that the functionality from PTG iwould already have been added to PowerTeacher Pro by now. Afterall, it's been three years since the transition.  We were an early adopter of PTP and paid the price (disgruntled teachers) about the lack of and missing functionality of the product. 

Community Support Expert

Thank you for your feedback! @DanM3 

I have provided your feedback to the PowerSchool Product Team working with PowerTeacher Pro.  

Jamie H.
Danielle4012
Journeyman

It seems like an easy function to add, in PowerSchool grade book you just hit the (+) sign for student groups and then all of our P.E./Health teachers could filter by their groups. When we rotated every 4 1/2 weeks, it made it easy to highlight and filter the groups we had at any certain time. I am confused when you talk about unified classroom, all I would love to see is this added to PowerTeacher pro so we can use this year. Is there any way my corporation can add this or by paying extra for something? This is our first year using power teacher pro, and I agree that the old power school grade book had many more functions. **most importantly student groups
kolsen
Padawan

I agree, it would be very helpful to have student groups. We need to differentiate assignments--in my case, I teach band/orchestra with grades 9-12 in one class and need to group certain assignments based on what instrument and grade level students are.

Community Support Expert

Thank you for providing your feedback in the PowerSchool Community!

I have shared each member's feedback with the PowerTeacher Pro Product Team.  

Jamie H.
Danielle4012
Journeyman

Thank you.
Community Support Expert

My Pleasure!  I am happy to provide customer feedback to the Product Team.  We thank you for your suggestions to improve PowerTeacher Pro for all users.

Jamie H.