Re: Hmm Looks Like You Don't Have Access Error Message

dlsmith191
Recruit

Re: Hmm Looks Like You Don't Have Access Error Message

Is it possible to get a free schoology account?  I am trying to help some teachers upload some content from their curriculum but without an account, I cannot practice and help them.  I am a coach from Amplify Texas and the teachers want to upload our QTI assessment files.  Canvas allows us to have a free account but I have been unable to create an account in schoology.

my email is desmith@amplify.com

3 Replies
ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @dlsmith191,

We have temporarily turned off the ability for new instructor accounts to register for Schoology Basic, the free classroom edition of Schoology Learning. Existing Schoology Basic users will continue to have access to their accounts – and can rest assured that their students and parents will still be able to sign up for Schoology Basic at www.schoology.com.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

cchisum1218

This is very inconvenient and frankly not a very good sell for your product. I am in an Ed Tech class in college and we are trying out cool platforms for virtual learning, and I am the only one who chose this. I have experience with Schoology and wanted to show my fellow grad colleagues how great Schoology is. These are our future leaders, buyers, and users. Please reinstate the free account access, at least for college students. Off to build a course for my class in Canvas. Very disappointed. 

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @cchisum1218,

Good Day! I understand your concern but we have temporarily turned off the ability for new instructor accounts to register for Schoology Basic, the free classroom edition of Schoology Learning. Existing Schoology Basic users will continue to have access to their accounts – and can rest assured that their students and parents will still be able to sign up for Schoology Basic at www.schoology.com.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator