Problems with the 504 program

RaineBrock

Problems with the 504 program

My school seems to be inexperienced with the 504 program so much so, that they refuse to let one of its students use notes during her test even after being forced to make a review for that very same test, she was immediately given a zero and failed the class, she was supposed to have a student aid in that very class as well, but he was on his phone and when she asked for help, he didn’t help her, and told her to ask her teacher who proceeded to make it harder for her to learn. If there is anyone, and I mean anyone. That knows about this 504 program and can tell me what I need to do, to help this girl so she can graduate and won’t be stuck in her school til she’s 21 and incapable of finishing, because I wouldn’t be surprised if they did that to her too
1 Reply
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Hi @RaineBrock this site is not associated to any particular school or district, nor is it really the appropriate venue for this sort of discussion. You will want to deal directly the the district/building that this issue is occurring in. Section 504 is part of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.

https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/504faq.html