Powerteacher Pro - Gradebook - Outcomes Missing Standards Score

gmcgregor
Recruit

Powerteacher Pro - Gradebook - Outcomes Missing Standards Score

I have set up my Gradebook to be weighted categorically with a points system attached to the graded assignments. However, once the points are calculated, students are then presented with a letter grade in place of a numerical one.

In our elementary school, we also attach standards/outcomes to assignments during the grading process. We  use the E (86-100%), M (70-84%), A (50-69%) scale and the letters replace the percentage as what shows on the report cards.

For example, a math quiz worth 25 total points, I have attached the standards: 'place value to 100' and 'skip counting by 2s'.

When a student scores 18 out of 25, why are these outcomes showing blanks instead of an "M"? It is still showing an M and a 72% for the class overall, but the outcomes are blank in the scoring columns.

Attached is a picture of what I am referring to.

Thank you all in advance.

IMG_1959.jpg

3 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@gmcgregor If your students are getting a letter grade instead of a numerical one, take a look at the Grade Scale attached to the section. Click into the column where you see the letter grade and clik on show more (screenshot 2).

You are not seeing Standards scores auto-populate because you have not set the assignment to auto-calculate Standards scores. I can see this because there is no arrow indicating that setup (screenshot 1).

Go to Settings>Display Settings and set Assignments to start checked (screenshot 3).

Hi @JeffG9 and all, 

My school's current situation is like the screenshot above, we have scored assignments, but the standards aren't scored. Our term is closing Friday. Do I have to ask all my teachers to check "Auto Calculate Assignment Standards Scores" for each of their assignments or can I do an import to update this for them? 

Thanks in advance!!

Kim Cadieux
Data and Operations Manager
Lawrence Family Development Charter School, Lawrence, MA, USA
https://www.lfdcs.org/
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@Kim_C  I would have the teachers first change to "New Assignments Start Checked" and then check the Auto-Calc box on their assignments. In newer versions of PT Pro checking that box will generate the Standard scores--older versions required teachers to remove and re-enter the traditional assignment score to create Standard scores.

It may be possible to do this via the API but that is outside my skill set and I imagine there are so many different assignment names/IDs/etc that it wouldn't be feasible (someone with more technical know-how may have a different answer for you).