PowerSchool not calculating grades

Hasaf
Hobbyist

PowerSchool not calculating grades

I have one class that the grades are not calculated in. all other courses that I teach are working properly. It is just this one class. 

I have tried clicking on the head and selecting "Recalculate Final Grades." It presented the popup saying that it was done, but the grades did not appear.

Grades not calculating.JPG

1 Solution
Hasaf
Hobbyist

This time it is solved. The solution was to remove all category weights, as seen in the second image, and then put them all back in. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@Hasaf Could you please post the Traditional Grade Calculation settings for that class?

Looks like you are teaching Joseph Campbell and the Power of Myth?

Grade Weights.JPG

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Without access to poke around in your gradebook it is difficult to troubleshoot, but are the assignments in Categories that are part of the Category Weighting?

PowerSchool Mentor

Is this the beginning of a new marking period and has there recently been a weather related closing that may have affected the marking period dates so that the 22nd is falling outside of expected dates for this class?

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

Hasaf
Hobbyist

I just tried changing the due dates on the assignments, but that did nothing. 

I have several other classes that are working just fine.

Hasaf
Hobbyist

If anyone is reading this, in the hope of solving their problem, I finally gave up, I am copying the Powerschool page into a spreadsheet and calculating the grades there, then manually entering the grades into PowerSchool.

This is as clunky as it sounds. It is made harder because PowerSchool does not work well with spreadsheets. That means that I can not copy just one assignment. I have to copy in the whole PowerSchool grades page each time the class gets a new gradable assignment done.

ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

I know you've moved on, but this one was sticking with me...I went back through my emails from a few years ago and we had a teacher with a similar issue...Have you checked the Display Settings for that class and made sure Grade and Percent are checked? This was an issue we ran into in the past.

Under Settings > Display Settings

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 10.48.47 AM.png

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

Hasaf
Hobbyist

I just checked it, and unfortunately, they are both checked. As an aside, I am definitely learning a lot more about PowerSchool as I try to work through this problem.

Power Teach Display settings.JPG

CindyM8
Expert

Something else to check is to make sure the assignment is checked to include in Traditional Final Grade, this is on the edit assignment page. Additionally, make sure that you have the assignments associated to the categories used in the grade calculation setup.

CM

Hasaf
Hobbyist

Thanks, I checked it, That wasn't it. They were checked to include in final grade. So that didn't fix it either. 

I contacted my IT department. The PowerSchool administrator has no ideas either. I was a bit surprised that she only has -read- rights, so it is being kicked up the chain of command in the IT department too.

PowerSchool include in final grade.JPG

Hasaf
Hobbyist

This time it is solved. The solution was to remove all category weights, as seen in the second image, and then put them all back in.