PowerSchool logs off upon selecting other tabs, students

sdmccr8

PowerSchool logs off upon selecting other tabs, students

I've searched the forum already, have already cleared my browser's cache and cookies, and still cannot get PowerSchool to stop logging me off between everything I click. I have multiple kids in the school system, and if I try to navigate from Kid A to Kid B, it takes me back to the login screen (which then takes me to Kid A's profile and I have to try and get to Kid B before it kicks me out again). If I try to select "messages" or "report card" or other content area WITHIN Kid A's profile, it takes me back to the login screen again. This can happen as fast as 15 seconds after I've just logged in. I do not have this problem in the mobile app, though the options to view things are more limited in the mobile app - I want to navigate through all of my children's profiles, click through various tasks, complete forms, etc. - I can't seem to accomplish anything in PowerSchool in the Parent Portal.

3 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @sdmccr8

Would you please confirm if you are using wired network or wireless network or you are using both at the same time? Also please confirm if you are working from school site or from a remote location with a VPN?

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
sdmccr8

I'm a parent on a secure wireless home network, no VPN.
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @sdmccr8

You would need to report this issue to the district directly and they should be able to work with PowerSchool Support and have this issue fixed.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!