Help

Passwords are asterisks

TriciaCoffman
Journeyman

Passwords are asterisks

The passwords are asterisks in the actual student account. I am trying to pull a report and export them so I can help students learn their passwords. Every time I pull the report the passwords stay asterisks so no one knows(staff included)what anyones passwords are. How do I fix this issue when I pull the report? 

5 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

This is by design in PowerSchool =>23.5. See below.

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-SIS-Knowledge-Base/Student-Passwords-after-PowerSchool-S...

PowerSchool Champion

Were you able to find a work around for this issue?  

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@salesm148 This is by design. You can import a password for all students then simply allow students to manage their own passwords. They are probably more adept at it than half the school employees. 🙂

PowerSchool Champion

I completely understand.  It's just not helpful for the K-8th population.  Thank you for responding!

nicolebond
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

I think it is like that for all schools, and I hate it.  I wish it would show the password the first time and then require students change it the first time they log in.

Nicole Bond
Director of Attendance and Enrollment
Haywood County Schools
Brownsville, TN

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge