Overdue assignments visible in Schoology app

Natsmom3

Overdue assignments visible in Schoology app

As a parent when I log into Schoology on the web I see a list of overdue assignments (above a list of upcoming assignments). Barring the existing issue that it is incomplete and does not include assignments marked "missing" - this widget is not visible at all when my child logs in to the Schoology app on the iPad. She is not presented with this list at all. I searched everywhere and she does not have it in her app anywhere I could find.

Is this because of how the district set up the app or is it possible that the app just does not show this?

4 Replies
mbezaire
Practitioner

Does your child see the Overdue items when she logs into her account through a browser rather than the iPad app? From the docs, it sounds like if you as a parent can see Overdue items, your child should be able to as well. So it seems likely to be an app issue.

If your child is using a browser to access Schoology as opposed to an app, the next step would be to see if there are an extensions installed in the browser that are changing the display of the Schoology pages, such as the extension Schoology Plus (which has an option to hide the Overdue pane).

Natsmom3

Sorry - thought it was pretty clear. As a parent I use the browser. Kids are given the app but I guess could use the browser but why would they when on an iPad? She uses the app. Need to know where on the app she can see what I can see on the browser for overdue assignments. This should be something basic on the app, shouldn't it be?

mbezaire
Practitioner

It would certainly make sense to include on the app. I don't work for Schoology so I can't answer to why it doesn't show up on the app, but the students at my school often struggle with accessing the Schoology mobile app for a different reason so I generally recommend they access through a browser with the mobile view turned on.

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Natsmom3,

Have you made sure that your child is on the latest version of the iOS app? Also, are those overdue assignments reflecting for your child on the browser? If so then there might be an issue with the app. Additionally, their teacher might have to unpublish and then republish the assignments that are not reflected under your child's to-do list for the overdue assignments. I recommend reaching out to the Schoology support contact in your school district or your team directly who should be able to assist you further with this. Otherwise, they can create a support case with the Schoology team on your behalf to dig further into this issue for you.

Note: You can find out the contact information for your Schoology support contact by clicking on the Support button at the bottom of your screen and then clicking on their name. There you can find their email address, phone number, etc.

This article might help you troubleshoot this issue further.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator