Manual for pulling reports

LMain
Trainee

Manual for pulling reports

Hi- I am trying to find out if there is a manual that is available for directions as to how to create/pull reports. I have been trying to learn this for over a year and have not been successful. I have searched the Internet, asked questions, and have tried to plug through the learning videos. Nothing seems to have the information I am looking for and it has been incredibly time intensive to find answers. Any help is appreciated.
9 Replies
NinaRi
Veteran

Hello @LMain,

Thank you for reaching out in the PowerSchool Community.  There are various types of report that you can run for PowerSchool Learning.  There are knowledge base articles that that you can find in the PowerSchool Learning Forum.  However, certain resources are only available to those assigned with the Technical Contact role at your school/district. 

We suggest working with the Technical Contact(s) at your school/district to help you access the PowerSchool Learning Forum Knowledge Base articles to view the different types of reports you can run.  Please let us know if you have any more questions. We will be happy to assist you!

Nina R.
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.
LMain
Trainee

No- I have tried that and haven’t been successful.
NinaRi
Veteran

Hello @LMain,

There are different types of reports. Are you trying to pull a specific type of report? If so, can you please let us know. This way we can take a closer look into this and see if report options are available. Thank you!

Nina R.
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.
LMain
Trainee

Hi- I am trying to find directions on how to create them. For example: a report with student name, DOB, Teacher, and grade.
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @LMain

For us to assist you further, would you please let us know the name of the PowerSchool Product you are referring to while trying to create a report with the student name, DOB, Teacher, and grade?

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
LMain
Trainee

I am not sure what you are asking.  I am trying to find a manual for the PowerSchool SIS administrative platform re: pulling reports so I have materials to read/refer to as I work with the system and attempt to maximize its potential.

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@LMain  What you describe here can be obtained with a Quick Export of these fields and one DAT where XX is the expression. (unless you are using different custom fields):

lastfirst

DOB

grade_level

^(*period_info;XX;teacher_name)

Was anyone successful in finding a Manual for Reports? I need to get averages for number of live postings per month. I hope there is a report I can run, because now I run a daily report of my open positions and at the end of the month average them out. It's crazy! 

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @LMain

We recommend reviewing this document - work-with-student-groups/list-students to assist you with the steps to create a report with the student name, DOB, Teacher, and grade. 

@lfkapicak

For us to assist you further, would you please provide us with the name of the PowerSchool Product you are referring to while looking for a report to get averages for the number of live postings per month?

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!