Long-term paying customer in need of help ASAP

MrsC
Hobbyist

Long-term paying customer in need of help ASAP

I have been a paid solo account user of PSL's Haiku resource for many years and would've been happy to continue paying through Covid when PowerSchool took away the fee.  I was unable to get responses to questions about how long I would be able to continue using my site.  Friday, when my Haiku site went down, I became aware that PowerSchool Learning has essentially gone away to move into the Schoology platform.  I have contacted every email and phone number available, and they either don't know or won't respond.

*Will my site become accessible any time soon?
I have purchased a re-direct from iPage so that when students/teachers/parents type RSISLMC.com they get directed to this site.

*If not, how may I go about saving/transferring all of my organized resources to the new format?
I cannot put into words how important this is...please and thank you!

12 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @MrsC

Thank you for reaching out.  PowerSchool provided communication to all users and placed messages in the banner in the product notifying users that PowerSchool Learning will not be available after September 30.  Since the product is no longer active, users are unable to access and export content from their classes.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
MrsC
Hobbyist

That may be true for some users, but the only banners appearing on my site at

https://www.myhaikuclass.com/MrsC/safety/cms_page/view

were the reminders of Sunday night updates and the one that appeared in Sept that PSL had been retired - contact admin support for assistance.  I tried multiple times to get clarification as to what that meant.  It was never communicated that my resources were about to be deleted.  My school was able to continue using this site until Friday Dec 2nd, and then it just suddenly disappeared.  I would love to at least be sent a zip file of my content to start the rebuilding process.

batesondc
Trainee

I have a teacher at my school that needs help logging into Haiku.  Did you have a contact we can reach out to?

MrsC
Hobbyist

From what I can tell, there is no support for Haiku anymore.  My Haiku site disappeared - there was never a banner warning on mine.

batesondc
Trainee

Thanks for the reply.

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @batesondc,

I am sorry to hear that you are facing an inconvenience due to this. Unfortunately, since the Haiku Learning platform has been decommissioned after reaching the end of its life there is no method available to pull the data from the site. You would need to build the gradebook from the start in your current platform.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator

batesondc
Trainee

I have a teacher who really needs to grab her gradebook from Haiku.  Is there any possible way this can happen.  Please!!!!!!!

abrowningths
Padawan

I also never received any notification that Haiku was being discontinued.  Is there no way to retrieve our work?  

Alice Browning

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @abrowningths,

PowerSchool provided communication to all users and placed messages in the banner in the product notifying users that PowerSchool Learning will not be available after September 30. All the notifications were sent to Admins separated by two months before September. Since the product is no longer active, users will not be able to access and export content from their classes.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
MrsC
Hobbyist

I have begrudgingly accepted that all of my organized resources have been discarded and am currently rebuilding with another company.  However, I will correct statements like these every time I notice them.  All users were NOT notified.  Banners did NOT appear on all Haiku template sites.  Some of us were blindsided.  Maybe there was a technical glitch or maybe it was a case of everyone in customer support thinking the other was going to follow through.  The unwillingness to right a wrong committed against already overwhelmed educators has motivated me to warn those who may be considering PowerSchool as a resource.

abrowningths
Padawan

I agree 100%.  I always read the banners to see system updates, etc and they were not there.  Trying to get ready for second semester now with about 90% of my resources gone.  

feralvarezlo
Journeyman

I have lost the job of many years. My classroom at Haiku Learning was the main support for my chair in pediatric surgery. I never received any notice that Haiku Learning would be going away. So much work lost!