Help

LTI 1.3 Deep Linking: "We were unable to locate an external tool for the specified tool link"

gierschv

LTI 1.3 Deep Linking: "We were unable to locate an external tool for the specified tool link"

Hey there,

We are currently adding our app LTI 1.3 to the app center (we have a 1.1 in production), and have an issue with the deep linking:

We have a single launch URL that we can set in "‘Configuration Type’ = Manual", in this case when we pick a deep link and try to open it, we always get the error:

"We were unable to locate an external tool for the specified tool link. Please make sure this provider is configured":Screenshot 2024-08-14 at 16.17.49.pngUnless we manually edit the material and choose the tool in the list, it's set to "Automatic, based on URL" and doesn't work.

I couldn't find a way to make the matching work, I tried multiple URLs, even having the launch URL to be same string as the deep link, it doesn't match the tool.

Screenshot 2024-08-14 at 16.24.31.png

However, if we set ‘Configuration Type’ = District and let the admin set the exact same URL, the correct tool is automatically selected in the list and opening the material correctly works without any issues.

Screenshot 2024-08-14 at 16.24.00.png

I believe this is a bug and couldn't find a way to match by domain like it was working in LTI 1.1.

Thanks!

0 Replies