How not to erase mid quarter/semester comments

pdiehlWBAIS

How not to erase mid quarter/semester comments

Our school uses Power School for attendance, grades, transcripts, report cards, etc.  I was wondering about a specific procedure we follow for reporting mid-quarter/semester comments.  Here is the procedure:

-Go to Power Teacher Pro

-Go to Score Sheet

-Click on the Grade Column next to a student's name

-Add a comment in the Comment Box that pops up on the RHS of the screen

A couple of weeks after the comments are sent out, we have to go back in and delete every comment one by one.  That seems strange to me.  Is there a way to enter comments without having to go back in to delete them once reports have been generated and sent to parents? 

We do not delete comments after we have written report card comments.

What do you suggest?

1 Reply
CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @pdiehlWBAIS,

Thank you for posting on our PowerSchool Community!

The comments are entered/stored in the final grade. There is no mass delete option at this time. 

I suggest that you consider submitting an Enhancement Request on the PowerSchool Ideas Portal for a removal solution or additional comments fields that align with each progress report. This article should walk you through how to raise an Enhancement Request. Requests are reviewed by the product team. 

There is currently a request for a subtract button or comments or an option to Mass Clear comments. Idea SIS-I-6852. You can vote it up by searching for the Idea number in the Ideas Portal.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support