How does a "required" course in PL works?

Mvonehren
Practitioner

How does a "required" course in PL works?

If we check that a course is required for specific roles, will others outside of those required roles be able to review and complete the required course? Will it be visible for all or only for the required demographics? I know when is restricted only those chosen under restricted visibility will be able to see the course in the catalog. 

4 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Mvonehren

Yes, restrictions only allow those who meet those restrictions to see the course in the catalog. So, only those users with the required specific roles for the course can review and complete it as they have restricted visibility.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

Mvonehren
Practitioner

So the geographical visibility is not restricted though but it is set to required to a specific demographic, is this the same as you described above? Will recommended work the same? I'm trying to understand the difference hence my two questions above. 

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Mvonehren

Whoever the course restrictions or roles you set, will be who can see the course and access the content. Those can be demographics or other options as well. Those without the specific demographic or role would not be able to see or access it.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

Mvonehren
Practitioner

Ok, so a required course and a restricted course work the same way. Thanks.