Historical Grades

Mendoza89
Padawan

Historical Grades

Has anybody been able to switch the store code after submitting the wrong information? I have entered transfer grades for a student and submitted only to find out I put the incorrect store code.  I've had to delete the whole thing and re-enter it since I cannot seem to find where I can change it.  

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

3 Replies
ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Because this deals with stored grades and how things are seen on report cards and read by some reports, best practices would probably suggest you delete the historical grade that is a problem and start over.  This is fine in a one off situation, but not practical if you accidentally store an entire term using the wrong store code. 

You can modify stored grades if you have access to DDA:

The following is merely a suggestion as making changes to the database in DDA can cause problems if you are not comfortable doing it. Please only attempt this if you have access to DDA and comfortable with making changes.

If it's 1 student:

1. First copy or write down the Student ID # (NOT Student_Number). It is the number at the bottom of the Teacher Comments page of the individual student:

Screen-Shot-2021-02-16-at-3.57.png

2. Go to DDA, Change the Current table to 'StoredGrades'

3. In the Search StoredGrades you'll want to isolate the student using the Student ID you copied.

4. Isolate the TermID (3000 or greater for the 20-21 School Year)

5. Isolate the Store Code

6. Isolate the Course Number of the store code you need to change.

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 4.03.25 PM.png

7. Once you isolate all of this, click the Table View button to make sure you've selected the correct Grade.

8. Once you are POSITIVE that the correct StoredGrade is selected you can use the Modify Records button to change the StoreCode.

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 4.05.57 PM.png

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

Mendoza89
Padawan

Thank you for your response!  I am only the registrar so unfortunately I would not have access to do this.  It was helpful information though as I am a visual person so this would have come in handy. Bummer it's not an easier fix.  

catskelton
Recruit

Been there, done that. And I did have to take out and then re enter data. its the only thing you cant change by its self, like school names and course numbers.

C