Google Drive Assignments

Duncan117
Journeyman

Google Drive Assignments

When assigned an assignment on schoology through the google drive assignments, some students are submitting files that come in as binary files which I cannot open. 

3 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Duncan117

Would you please confirm the file type the students are trying to attach to the Google Drive Assignment? Is it a text file, jpeg, or any other?

Also please let us know if you are receiving an error message when trying to open file? If yes, then please share with us a screenshot of the error message.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Duncan117
Journeyman

Hi KritiS,

As you know, when creating an assignment, one can choose "google Drive Assignments in the "Format Options space below the assignment description.   This generates a google doc for each student.  I had assumed that all they needed to do, was work on the document and it would be saved.   I have not seen there side.). Once they try to upload the google document I get the errors in the screenshots attached.   I hope this makes sense. 

Thanks so much. 

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Duncan117

The possible reason for you not being able to open the .bin file is that it is unsupported. You can refer to this document: file-upload-type- for more information about the file types and permissible file size limit.

In order to troubleshoot this further, we would need to see the file type and size that these students are submitting with their assignments so we recommend reaching out to the Technical Contact of your district who should be able to connect with the PowerSchool Support Team on your behalf. The Support Team would be able to assist you further.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!