Google Classroom Integretion

joekoschnitzke
Hobbyist

Google Classroom Integretion

Hello, 

I am wondering if PowerSchool allows Google Classroom integration so that you can sync grades between platforms. Rather than having to enter grades twice: once in Google Classroom and once in PowerSchool. 

26 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @joekoschnitzke

We recommend reaching out to the Google Classroom support who should be able to assist you further in syncing grades between platforms.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
joekoschnitzke
Hobbyist

Kristi,

I did reach out to Google, and they told me to reach out to PowerSchool. So, clearly, there is no solution. 

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @joekoschnitzke

Yes, PowerSchool allows Google Classroom integration to sync grades between platforms. However, any integration with PowerSchool is handled through plugin. The plugin would be provided by the third party vendor - Google.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
jgoett
Journeyman

There is one straightforward way that PowerSchool could help teachers batch transfer grades from Google Classroom to PS.  

-Google Classroom allows teachers to download a csv file of an assignment's grades.  If the PowerTeacher Pro "Import Scores" tool could upload this csv file, transferring grades would be easy.

-Below is a snapshot of the Google CSV file teachers can download

-To map the grade to student, PowerSchool would need to know the email address each student uses in Google Classroom.  There would need to be a process for schools to batch upload this and have the info saved to each student's record.

GoogleCSVSample.PNG

Regards,

Jeff

CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Thank you @jgoett for sharing an integration idea with PowerSchool.

If you'd like to have these ideas reviewed by the product teams, please post them in the PowerSchool Ideas Portal. 

  

In the ideas portal, you can search for similar ideas so you can upvote the ones that already exist. When you submit one as a new idea, you can reach out to peers using the product to have them upvote your ideas if they find them helpful.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support
rortega
Padawan

I got the same answer from Google. 

chillyard1
Journeyman

Look up the Google "Integration Center" plugin in recent updates: https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerPack-Release-Notifications/Integration-Center-Release-Notes-22-...

This was demo'd for us last spring as new customers and it seems like the functionality is now built into PowerSchool.

jgoett
Journeyman

Unfortunately, I am not able to access the url on the Google Integration Center.  It looks like there is a permissions issue with my account ( "don't have access to resource" ).  Is there a public webpage with information about this feature?

Thank you,

Jeff

chillyard1
Journeyman

Jeff, 

I found it searching in the PS community related to "Integration Center" Release Notes. Try this link to the file I downloaded: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k0IRTuEanBTFFD_XceYi5KqB4goXDgjl/view?usp=sharing 

Carrie

RobertW1
Journeyman

Release notes just focus on what bugs have been fixed, and features added, etc.  It doesn't give us an overview of the product, or anything like that.  Above it's been suggested it's part of the Powerpack, but it's not listed as a feature of the Powerpack here:  https://www.powerschool.com/services/powerpack/.

It was also said it might be part of the SIS now, but if that was true, I'd expect a lot more hoopla about it when it happened.  It's not in my version of the SIS.  

So I'm still looking for more info on it, what it does, what it costs, how to get it, etc.  Even my account exec seems to be in the dark here.

AdeelFarooq
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Do we have an estimate when this will be pushed out to all customers and if there is a cost to it?

cpettus
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

A plug-in for Google Classroom would increase the value of PowerSchool exponentially over other SIS products.

chillyard1
Journeyman

Update to my prior comment: We are implementing the google classroom integration functionality now. Look for resources on LMS Lite or Google Integration Center. That part of our new PowerSchool SIS implementation is going pretty well so far, though there have certainly been some hiccups to work through. 

Access Integration Center through ApplicationsAccess Integration Center through ApplicationsInside the Integration CenterInside the Integration Center

cpettus
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Hello @chillyard1 - Does the GC integration just do rostering, or does it also push Google Classroom assignments and grades back into PowerTeacher Pro? My teachers have been asking for this. Thanks. 

chillyard1
Journeyman

They create assignments and grade in Google Classroom and it syncs with PowerTeacher Pro. Happy to help. I know it's hard to get to it and find info about it, but it does work.

fogeljo
Apprentice

We are implementing PowerSchool now in our district, and we'd love to get some help in integrating Google Classroom with PowerTeacher Pro. How can we go about starting this?

joekoschnitzke
Hobbyist

How would I go about finding this out? I shared this with our tech admin and he didn't realize this was a thing. Any help in locating this would be great, thanks!

chillyard1
Journeyman

Do a search for "lms lite" in the PowerSchool Community. I see the plug-in and other resources there.Screen Shot 2023-09-20 at 12.49.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-09-20 at 12.49.34 PM.png

joekoschnitzke
Hobbyist

I did the search but I do not see what your screenshot is showing. I will keep trying in case I'm doing something wrong. 

CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @joekoschnitzke 

Thank you for your question about not finding the link when you search.

The article that chillyard1 referenced is in the PowerPack product forum. That forum is only accessible if your organization subscribes to PowerPack.

This article may help you with search tips.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support