Google Assignments not creating an entry in Schoology

lwestmoreland
Journeyman

Google Assignments not creating an entry in Schoology

Following the directions found in Schoology, I create a Google assignment within Schoology, successfully link to my Google Account.  The assignment is created in Google drive successfully, but no entry appears in schoology where I initiated the assignment creation.  I've tried creating Google assignments in multiple classes and in multiple areas without any luck.  Unsure what I am missing here.

6 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @lwestmoreland

I will be happy to take look into this!

Would you please share with us the exact steps which you are taking while trying to create a Google assignment within Schoology?

Would you please try clearing the cache and cookies? And also try replicating the issue on a different browser. Please also make sure to recheck your google drive connection

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
gracejones

I really enjoyed this post. I have a similar blog post on my website that you might find interesting which is regarding Assignment Help Pro

nononono

I have had the same problems. Any news on how to fix this?

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @nononono

We would need to take a closer look at your assignments, and in order to protect your data privacy, we recommend reaching out to the Technical Contact of your district who should be able to connect with the PowerSchool Support Team on your behalf. The Support Team would be able to take a closer look at your records and assist you further in resolving the issue.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
melreed270
Recruit

I am having the same problem with adding Google Slides to Schoology so that students will have a copy of it and can type into the Slides presentation that I created for the assignment. I got an access denied message when I try to do this and I am the owner of the assignments and Slides and I made sure it was created in my school Google account and not my own personal account, but I am still having trouble with this! If anyone can help that would be great!

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @melreed270,

Have you tried to remove the Schoology App from your Google account and reconnect the app in your Schoology account? In your Google account, click account > Manage your Google Account. Click Data & Privacy and then under Data from apps and services you use, click Third-party apps with account access. Click Schoology > Remove

Now, go back to Schoology, and connect again: In your course, click Add Materials. Select Add Assignment.

Launch the Google Drive Assignment app. Connect to your Google account.

Force Log Out for the Teacher: https://uc.powerschool-docs.com/en/schoology/latest/instructor-reconnect-google-drive-assignments-ap...

https://support.schoology.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013059593-Reconnecting-the-Google-Drive-Assignmen...

Please let me know if this helps or in case of further questions.

ParitoshT
Community Moderator