Email attendance using API? Is this possible?

thanksfortheride
Journeyman

Email attendance using API? Is this possible?

So I am a teacher trying to make my life easier. I want to see if powerschool has an API where I can set up an integration to email myself students who were absent yesterday right before my class, it would be helpful, unsure if theres API access however.

5 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @thanksfortheride 

To assist you further, would you please confirm which PowerSchool Product you are referring to?

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

thanksfortheride
Journeyman

Sorry were just using powerteacher / powerteacher pro, the one with attendance, data trakcing of grades etc.

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @thanksfortheride 

Although PowerTeacher Pro does allow sending email to students, currently, there is no API that will allow you setup emails depending you student's attendance. 

You can share this idea as an Enhancement Request on  PowerSchool Ideas Portal so that the product team can take a look at this. This article should walk you through how to raise an Enhancement Request.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

thanksfortheride
Journeyman

Is there a way to get the attendance data as a list / saves as a text file or anything like that? I dont need it to email I can do that separately, I just need the days attendance data.

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @thanksfortheride 

You can use Direct-database-export to export and save student attendance. You can also use Autosend-setup if you are saving the file in another system.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator