Custom Bus Fields?

kmurphyewct
Rookie

Custom Bus Fields?

My district is transitioning to PS from Rediker and I am having a hard time figuring out how to make the transportation page work for me. Here is a screenshot of what Rediker had, which I would like to mimic. Is this possible? If so, how can I do that? 

Bus Fields.png

7 Replies
HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@kmurphyewct  - You can definitely create custom fields and a custom page. Are you pulling data from another source, or will someone in your district be entering/importing the data? 

Heather Weist, MEd
PowerSchool - SIS Administrator, Commonwealth Charter Academy

PowerSchool Mentor/Champion

PowerSchool Mentor of the Year 2021 Winner

PowerSchool Beta Tester of the Year 2022 Winner

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
kmurphyewct
Rookie

@HeatherWeist If we can create fields that are identical, we can probably do an import. Do you know if it is possible to create custom fields that look identical to my picture?

Do you know where I can get some good tips/info on how to create the custom page? I am not our SIS Administrator, but I work very closely with him, so together, we can probably knock that out. 

HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@kmurphyewct  - Yes, you can create custom fields to be what you are looking for. You will use Page &  Data Management > Manage Database Extensions. Once the fields are created, you can use Custom Student Screens to create the screen for the data to be entered or imported into. 

Heather Weist, MEd

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

kmurphyewct
Rookie

@HeatherWeist Would you be able to give me a little more help on details as to how to create the free-text fields? We got the custom page created, now we just need to insert the fields and label them. 

HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@kmurphyewct - Did you use Custom Student Screen to create your page? When you created the fields, you should have selected those as string fields. This allows you to input any text in those fields up to the number of characters you chose at set up. 

Heather Weist, MEd

kmurphyewct
Rookie

@HeatherWeist The issue I am having at this point is that we do not have the custom student fields created yet in PS and when we search, we do not have the option to create custom student fields. Any ideas? 

HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@kmurphyewct  - You are not able to access Page &  Data Management > Manage Database Extensions?

Go to District > System Setup > Page and Data Management (Under Data Management) > Manage Database Extensions (Under Database Management)

Let me know if you still can't access it. 

Heather Weist, MEd