Creating a Class not attached to my work for grad school

esimpson240
Journeyman

Creating a Class not attached to my work for grad school

I am in graduate school right now and need to create a class for my final project. I wanted to use Schoology as my LMS, but it doesn't allow me to create an account without being attached to a school. Is it possible to create a class from my personal account verse my professional one? My school doesn't allow me to add classes or non-students to my class that isn't in the district. Thanks.

2 Replies
jasonbengs
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

I have had trouble trying to create an account as an instructor as well.  I have explored other LMS options to take care of this type of situation and have had the most success with Canvas.  

Jason Bengs, M. Ed
SIS/Database Administrator

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
SAFFIYAT
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @esimpson240

Currently, there is no way to create a class from a personal account. However, this can be a great enhancement request.

You can log this as an Enhancement Request on PowerSchool Ideas Portal so that the product team can take a look at this. This article should walk you through how to raise an Enhancement Request.

Saffiya Tasneem
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!