Changing Enrollment status

sleonard1
Journeyman

Changing Enrollment status

I have changed enrollment status for several students from active to pre-registered SEVERAL times and it reverts back every day to the wrong status.  I need to have access to chat so that I can get assistance with this and I'm told that I don't have that.  This is now a critical situation because I am having to update these SEVERAL students on a daily basis and this is very inconvenient.

2 Solutions
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

A Pre-Registered student is usually a future enrollment. For instance, say it is September and I know a student will be enrolling and their first day will be October 12th. I'd register the student with an entry date of 10/12/2022. The student would be pre-registered until that entry date arrives, at which point PowerSchool will change their enroll_status from -1 (pre-reg) to 0 (active).

View solution in original post

HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@sleonard1 Anything after the entry date.

Heather Weist, MEd
PowerSchool - SIS Administrator, Commonwealth Charter Academy

PowerSchool Mentor/Champion

PowerSchool Mentor of the Year 2021 Winner

PowerSchool Beta Tester of the Year 2022 Winner

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge

View solution in original post

21 Replies
HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@sleonard1   What is the entry date and exit date on the student's transfer info page?

Heather Weist, MEd

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

sleonard1
Journeyman

it is a future date of 8/29/22 which is when our Pre-K starts

Each time I have gone through the process of changing the status it reads Pre-Registered but the next day when I check it reverts back.  I've changed this at least 6 times.

According to the screen the change is supposed to be irreversible and yet...

HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@sleonard1   Just brainstorming here...

- Do you have their Next Year Grade and Next Year School set?

- I'm assuming you have your years/terms setup for next year?

- Are you using set student field to change the status?

Heather Weist, MEd

sleonard1
Journeyman

We have not rolled over yet so no their next year grade level isn't set.

Yes, I am using student field value to change the status.

HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@sleonard1  I'd try setting their next year grade and next year school. That way when you do your EOY transfer and promote, they will appear where they should. Let me know if that works. 

Heather Weist, MEd

sleonard1
Journeyman

I don't think that is how we do it here that is not my responsibility at this time.  I am afraid to goof things up for when they do roll over. I need the enrollment status change to stay after I change it.  Do you know how to do that?

HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@sleonard1   Did it change again today? I'd suggest the following, create and enroll a "fake" student. Make the entry date and exit date for the dates of next school year. Set enroll status to PreRegistered. Go to that students scheduling setup > Make Next Year Grade (whatever grade they will be in) > Set Next School Indicator (what school they will be attending).

Heather Weist, MEd

sleonard1
Journeyman

Yes they did!  I have to go through the process again ;( 

These are not for students that have transferred out.  I don't understand why what I am doing is not working.  I don't believe doing what you are asking me to do will correct the problem.

I appreciate your help.  Is there anyway that I can get on chat.  According to my supervisor I am supposed to have access.

sleonard1
Journeyman

This is the screen shot of what I am doing to change the enrollment status.  Should I be doing something different?

sleonard1_0-1651240309581.png

sleonard1
Journeyman

This is the screen shot after clicking submit

sleonard1_1-1651240397454.png

HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@sleonard1   This is correct. Can you show me the line of enrollment on the transfer out screen? 

As for chat...unfortunately I can't assist with this. 

Heather Weist, MEd

sleonard1
Journeyman

sleonard1_0-1651243828098.png

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

The student's entry date has passed, so the overnight process is activating them. This is the expected behavior.

so you are saying to change the entry date - correct?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

A Pre-Registered student is usually a future enrollment. For instance, say it is September and I know a student will be enrolling and their first day will be October 12th. I'd register the student with an entry date of 10/12/2022. The student would be pre-registered until that entry date arrives, at which point PowerSchool will change their enroll_status from -1 (pre-reg) to 0 (active).

Thank you this is very helpful.

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @sleonard1,

Access to the Launch Chat Support option is limited to users with specific roles in the school district. I recommend reviewing this article to know more about why you might not have access to it. I will reach out to you through a case to discuss further on your Community access.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator

sleonard1
Journeyman

what would the exit date need to be then?

HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@sleonard1 Anything after the entry date.

Heather Weist, MEd

sleonard1
Journeyman

Thanks for your help Heather.  Much appreciated.