Chalk

jung77joseph

Chalk

I am a teacher in Toronto using chalk/gradebook for assessments and grading purposes. I heard that chalk may be discontinued very soon (September). Can someone please confirm this or provide an alternative resource? I love using chalk. 

email: joseph.jung@tdsb.on.ca

5 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jung77joseph 

I'm sorry for any difficulty that is caused by the discontinuation of the Chalk Gradebook.

From September 30, the "Gradebook" menu navigation and all related pages will no longer be accessible from Chalk accounts. This will not affect any of the lesson planner content, nor will it disable access to any user accounts, it is only the gradebook content that is being affected by this change.

There are no plans to further develop or replace the gradebook features. It is recommended that users export any data they need to maintain before the discontinuation date by generation class or student reports.

We would request other Community members to suggest any alternative that they could use instead of Gradebook.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

brynnarisley

Is there anyway to retrieve data from Gradebook?

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @brynnarisley 

I regret to inform you that the data can no longer be accessed after September 30, 2023. We had shared this communication in April, that the "Gradebook" menu navigation and all related pages, as well as the mobile apps Markboard, Attendance, and MyChalk, will no longer be accessible from Chalk accounts after the due date.

For more information, we recommend reviewing this article: Markboard-End-of-Life-Communication.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
EileenMay

The main reason why I used this program was to tabulate my marks.  PowerSchool bought the program but REMOVED the assessing tool makes no sense to me...have I read these responses wrong?  

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @EileenMay,

We understand your concern but after the discontinuation of Gradebook, the option to store grades in Chalk is not available in the system anymore. Are you working with a school district? Is your district using another LMS system like Schoology?

ParitoshT

Community Moderator