Can't find student in eSchool when typing his last name.

aguilai

Can't find student in eSchool when typing his last name.

Hello,

I have a student who is registered on eSchool and for some reason when I search for his name, it does not come up.  I have to click on the lupe for search and enter the name manually there, and then it comes up.  Our nurse is concerned that in an emergency, we might not be able to get to his information in a timely manner.

Have anyone had this problem before, and if so, how can it be fixed. 

Thanks,

Israel

3 Replies
ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @aguilai,

I'd be happy to look further into this for you. Please clarify where you are trying to search your student. Are you performing the search in Quick Search or the students screen? Are you getting any error, if so then please provide a complete screenshot of your screen.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

aguilai

Hello!

Thanks for your reply!  This is what’s going on.  On the ESchoolPlus main page, when I go to the quick search, typically, when I type a student’s last name, it pops up as a drop down menu and I pick the student that I’m looking for. 

For this particular student, it does not happen that way, and the school nurse is concerned that in case of an emergency, this technical glitch might cause some delay.  The student’s last name is Al Baroudi and the first name is Maram.  This is how it looks when I search for him:

aguilai_0-1644518359261.jpeg

I noticed this before, but I learned to work around it by placing a comma after the last name and type the first name initial, and then it comes up: 

aguilai_1-1644518359274.jpeg

So, I was wondering if there is something that can be done to allow the last name to come up right away without having to enter the student’s first name.

Hope you can help.

Thank you,

Israel Aguila

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @aguilai,

Thank you for your response and I understand your concern. The quick search will yield up to 10 student results, and 10 page results. How the quick search actually searches is based on the string of characters in the search bar and whether or not there are spaces and/or commas present. For e.g. If you just search "Park", the search is looking for first names, last names, and menu options because it doesn't know what it is yet, so the results could be mixed with close matches or exact matches to either the first or last name, prioritizing exact matches.

The search can be narrowed down by placing a comma after the last name and typing the first name. 

Additionally,  in the top right corner or eSchoolPlus, you can click on your initials and select Preferences. There are some student search options there that could be helpful to you in narrowing down your search. Especially if you want to narrow down the search to default building when searching by student name. Here is the link to the Online Help Page for Quick Search and the preferences page.

I hope you find this information helpful. 

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!