Can a principal or teacher role enter a grade in a class?

reppk
Journeyman

Can a principal or teacher role enter a grade in a class?

We have several teachers who work together mentoring students. One is listed as the teacher of record. Is there a security setting that would allow me to enter a grade for a student in a class that I am not the teacher of record on?

6 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Only Lead Teachers and, depending on how you have configured Co-Teaching Roles, Co-Teachers can make entries or changes to PowerTeacher Pro. Admin users have Read-Only access. This is by design.

Okay, thank you. I had found this article from PowerSchool and thought that it was a possible setting that could be granted. We have a group of six teachers who work as a team with the same  students and are looking for a quicker solution rather than assigning all of them as co-teachers on each section for 400 students.

Powerschool Article

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

That looks like a very old document. It may be talking about Admin-side permissions, or even the old Java-based gradebook from the Days of Yore.

Thank you so much. I am thinking then that we need a lead teacher on each course and then five teachers as co-teachers on each? Co-teachers have all the same rights as the lead teacher?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Typically, but that will depend on how you have the roles configured at Setup>System>Roles Administration>Co-Teaching Roles. See attached.

PowerSchool Mentor

My district is set up to allow teachers and co-teachers to enter in grades for students. Administration can see grades but not enter them.  

Nicole Bond
Director of Attendance and Enrollment
Haywood County Schools
Brownsville, TN

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge