Bug report: seating chart takes long time to load CSS

ngoldmanDCP
Padawan

Bug report: seating chart takes long time to load CSS

Hello,

Whenever I open my seating charts in PowerTeacher to take attendance, it takes a good 10 seconds of loading for the page to become responsive.

I opened up my Firefox dev tools to see what was happening – apparently the page is just recalculating and re-rendering styles for 10 seconds.

What the heck is wrong with PowerSchool’s programming that takes 10 seconds to do CSS? 10 seconds is an eternity in the classroom. I’d understand if it was just network latency, but this is definitely on your programmers. Please fix.

5 Replies
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @ngoldmanDCP,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

As we have received multiple reports on the issues with Seating Chart grays out, we have reported it to the development team and they are investigating this further to troubleshoot the cause.  We appreciate your patience while we are working on a resolution.  We recommend working with the Designated Support Contact within your school district who should be able to assist you further in connecting with the PowerSchool SIS Support team for further updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has been caused.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
spidey24
Journeyman

Is there any update on this from Development? We also have teachers complaining that the seating chart used to load fast, and now takes 8-10 seconds to load.

NinaRi
Veteran

Hi @bh017303

Thank you for reaching out in the PowerSchool Community! This issue was fixed in Release Version : 21.11.1.0  where you can find more information here

If you already upgraded and the issue continues to persist, we suggest submitting a ticket with the support team so they investigate this issue further.

You can submit a support case by navigating to the Case Portal here

Please let us know if you have any more questions. We will be happy to assist you!

Nina R.
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.
missusliz

2023 and it is still taking too long for the seating chart to load. Any development here? 

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @missusliz,

This issue was resolved with with PowerSchool SRC update release PS_21.11.1.0. I recommend reviewing this article for more information. You might work with the technical contacts in your school district to review the information in this article as this is limited to the technical contacts of a district.

Additionally, have you tried to replicate this issue on a different browser or in an incognito window? If this doesn't help you then I recommend reaching out to the PowerSchool SIS team through a support case as they will be able to assist you further with this by replicating your scenario on their side.  

Note: If a teacher finds the seating chart is taking a while to load, we recommend that they cancel the process by hitting the Esc button on their keyboard, zooming out of the seating chart, and trying to load the seating chart again.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

Kudos encourage participation