Blue Assessment Tool

kdiekman
Trainee

Blue Assessment Tool

Is there a way to enlarge the box that we are building content in when using the "blue assessment tool"? 

8 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @kdiekman 

For us to assist you further, would you please confirm the PowerSchool product you are referring to while using Blue Assessment Tool?

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
kdiekman
Trainee

Yes sorry about that. I am talking about in Schoology under "add materials", there is an assessment option that is blue and it's awesome, but the box to build the content in will not enlarge. 

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @kdiekman 

In case you are referring to about the box where you compose the question. It will keep expanding as and when you type the characters. The more characters in there bigger the box gets automatically.

In case, if its from the set up area if you have more characters in there then you have to use the scroll bar.

For us to be able to assist you further, please let us know  which place you are referring to?

KritiS
Community Moderator

If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
kdiekman
Trainee

Hi there, I am referring to the area where you compose the question and setup. Both boxes do not get larger as I type. It stays the same size and I can only see a few lines at a time. 

This happens on multiple Schoology material tools for me. 

kdiekman
Trainee

I am referring to both areas actually. The setup box and the composing questions box. They just will not enlarge as I type more or with the little thing in the corner that would allow you to "stretch" the box. Even when I try to drag it, it doesn't work. Thanks for your help. 

kdiekman_0-1684421533788.png

nicolebond
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

For a "quick fix", if you are on a Mac, hold down the Command key while hitting the plus sign key (beside the delete button). If you are on a pC, hold down the Ctrl button while hitting the plus sign.  More than likely, PS support is probably going to tell you fill out an enhancement ticket, but this fix will enlarge the screen so you can see the box better. 

Nicole Bond
Director of Attendance and Enrollment
Haywood County Schools
Brownsville, TN

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
kdiekman
Trainee

This will zoom in on the screen and make font bigger all around, but it doesn't make the box expand. For example in the box I'm typing in now, I can enlarge it using the little "dotted triangle" under the scroll bar. But when I try to use that in Schoology, it doesn't do anything. 

kdiekman_1-1684421641773.png

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @kdiekman 

Yes, it is a zoom feature will not increase box and will expand the entire zoom. You just have the scroll bar after you reach a certain limit in that instruction box, then you will see a scroll bar beside.

In case you are looking for a feature to expand box then we recommend adding your request as an Enhancement Request. 

You can log this as an Enhancement Request on PowerSchool Ideas Portal so that the product team can take a look at this. This article should walk you through how to raise an Enhancement Request.

KritiS
Community Moderator