Annual Student Verification

korisnik
Journeyman

Annual Student Verification

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the best way to get the attention of PowerSchool folks, but I will try. The screenshot you see here is from the Annual Student Verification. It is beyond me that we need to further break down races into other selections of the same race, but what I'd like to understand is who came up with this list? What are these subcategories? I have been watching this for years, thinking someone would fix this. To most people, this may seem OK, but I come from this part of the world so I understand the ridiculousness of this list. So you'd better understand, just substitute everything between Bosnian and Ukrainian with Italian, Spanish, English, Dutch, French, etc. Get it? Indeed, it's beyond idiotic. And then you split Bosnian and Herzegovinian into two subcategories. By the way, Bosnia and Herzegovina is a country, one country. If you really want to be that inclusive, you should expand this list and add Bulgarians, Croats, Serbs, Montenegrins, Macedonians, Albanians, Slovenians, Hungarians, Slovaks, and Czechs. You can also add aliens because that's how much sense this list has.

Cheers

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 3.24.21 PM.png

1 Solution
ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @korisnik,

Thank you for posting in the Community. We understand your concern. 

The enrollment forms are designed specifically as per the criteria and requirements set by the school district. This field is controlled by your school district and we would recommend reaching out to the administrators in your school district to share your feedback and see if this can be modified by them.

Please let me know in case of further questions.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @korisnik,

Thank you for posting in the Community. We understand your concern. 

The enrollment forms are designed specifically as per the criteria and requirements set by the school district. This field is controlled by your school district and we would recommend reaching out to the administrators in your school district to share your feedback and see if this can be modified by them.

Please let me know in case of further questions.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

korisnik
Journeyman

Hi,

Thank you for your response, @ParitoshT. When I reached out to them years ago about this, they blamed you. I will try once again.

Best.