What Happens if I Need to Edit My Submitted Application?

Tonya524
Journeyman

What Happens if I Need to Edit My Submitted Application?

How can you edit a submitted application?  I have an applicant that did not finish the JSI and wants to finish it.  

3 Replies
Tonya524
Journeyman

How do you purge an application?  Trying to help an applicant finish their application. 

BishalG
Ninja

Hi,

Generally, an applicant cannot submit their application without the JSI assessment being completed.

If the assessment has timed out, applicants can withdraw their application and then reapply for the job, given that the job listing is still active.

If the job listing is active, the applicant will want to withdraw the application from the dashboard by selecting the icon shown in the image below.

image.png

Then they would want to search for the same job listing, Apply and complete the JSI assessment in a single session.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Shannon27317
Journeyman

When PowerSchool is connected to the "TalentEd Hire" online applicant tracking portal, this is not the case as I just had to have my HR contact update my application from withdrawn; this wasn't something I was able to do. 

After she took the status from withdrawn it went to "Inactive."  I spoke with a chat support associate for the online employment portal and was told that I needed to reconnect with my contact at HR and have her to "purge" the records since the "application received" was one from 2022 and didn't reflect my most recent position with the district even after updating my "Profile."  The support associate assured me that the HR contact would be familiar with "purging," and I'd be able to "reapply" following said purge.

Again, this was not the case.  The HR representative was unable to complete the "purge" and thankfully accepted a screenshot of the updated application from the "profile" tab to move forward with the application process.  There seems to be a disconnect here, at least with the district to which I'm applying for a position for the upcoming school year.  Regardless, if the HR associate "accepts" the screenshot, my previous supervisors (local administration) will not be able to complete an online reference form to directly/seamlessly connect his/her referral since they were not listed in 2022, and that's not behooving anyone in this situation - me, the district, the school at which I'm applying, etc. - and, it's taking away from being able to streamline the application process in general. 

If anyone has insights as to what can be done on my end to ensure the updated application is received by the appropriate point of contact, I'm all ears and most obliged for your time and consideration.  Thanks so much!  

All the Best, SD

Shannon Deaton