Can I transfer a student account from one school to another?

yuanlang
Trainee

Can I transfer a student account from one school to another?

When a student changes schools, how do I transfer the student account?

1 Solution
BarbaraD2
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

In order to transfer a student from one school to the next, first you have to transfer them out of school A.  Go to Functions>Transfer out of School and enter the appropriate transfer date and code.  Then you have Transfer to Another School.  Once you transfer them to School B, change to that school and go to Functions again.  This time Re-Enroll in School.  The student, and all their information will now be in school B.

Barbara Dell'Armo
PowerSchool Mentor of the Year 2022 Winner

PowerSchool Beta Tester of the Year 2021 Winner
PowerSchool Beta Tester of the Year 2023 Winner

PowerSchool Mentor/Champion

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge2023 Beta Tester.png
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BarbaraD2
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

The account will follow the student as long as you transfer out of school A and into school B.  No changes necessary on the student portal end of things.

Barbara Dell'Armo

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

yuanlang
Trainee

Thank you, but I haven't understood exactly how to do it, do you have more detailed information to share with me?

BarbaraD2
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

In order to transfer a student from one school to the next, first you have to transfer them out of school A.  Go to Functions>Transfer out of School and enter the appropriate transfer date and code.  Then you have Transfer to Another School.  Once you transfer them to School B, change to that school and go to Functions again.  This time Re-Enroll in School.  The student, and all their information will now be in school B.

Barbara Dell'Armo

yuanlang
Trainee

Is there a document or video about the operation of transferring schools, we are still not clear about this operation and are confused

BarbaraD2
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@yuanlang  - Here is a link to a KB article detailing these steps.

Barbara Dell'Armo