Help

Setting up Standards based grading set-up

leonstall
Recruit

Setting up Standards based grading set-up

Our elementary school is switching to standards-based grading.  I thought I had everything set up correctly but the calculations are not working out.  

I have no idea where to begin to enter the information.  

Principal wants:  Only the score for each standard to be visible and there be no overall GPA or Class grade.  What settings need to be adjusted for this to happen?  

Are there videos that address my general question?

Thank you

Leon Stall 

2 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Are you using PowerTeacher Pro? If you are, Traditional And Standards grades are completely separate, so teacher can ignore the Traditional grade areas of the gradebook and just grade the Standards directly at Grading>Standards.

Standards grade calcs an be pushed out from the Admin-side or you can allow teachers to set them in PT Pro themselves. 

There are a lot of pieces to what you are asking and folks will need much, much more information to assist. Copious screenshots are also helpful. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wrcyeDkFkbSv-c-fLfJxjj2w485kX6Qo/view?usp=sharing 

Here's what my academic grade scale looks like.  I'd like the teachers to be able to enter decimals for each level instead of it reporting as a 1,2,3,4  I'd like to show (examples 1.25, 1.75, 2.20, 3.40)  .  Thank you