Re: reset password/ This password reset link has been deactivated.

cynthialeathers
Trainee

Re: reset password/ This password reset link has been deactivated.

Please advise on how to reset the password when recieving the notice above. 

It looks like this

https://pasadena.tedk12.com/hire/PasswordReset.aspx?Key=Yq61mbTlktI%3D

and I am trying in two districts...no luck 

4 Replies
MuskanS
Prodigy

Hi! @cynthialeathers,

If you are using your district email address the district would block your emails, as a result, the link is getting deactivated.  I recommend contacting the district IT department who should be able to unblock your email address then you can reset the password with the link.

The error stems from internal protections set up on the district's email post office.  It is very common to have external emails scanned for links and the protection software to access the links to check for safety.  However, password reset links are one-time use.  The scan renders reset the password link as deactive.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
rcgarcia
Trainee

Hi, I had this same problem and it turned out that it was because I have a password manager program that auto-fills in the password. For some reason, that was messing up what was going on. What I did was open a different browser that does not have that auto-fill function set up. then I clicked the "forgot password" thing, filled in my email and it sent me the email. Then when I clicked on the link in that email, the link worked.

sadrebelmom

I am having this issue right now with the KATY ISD site.  Please advise.

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hello @sadrebelmom!

Thank you for reaching out to PowerSchool Community!

The common reasons users receive the message that the password reset link has been deactivated are the password reset link is active for four hours once requested or the Unified Talent account is no longer active.

If you are unable to get into the account, here are the steps to request a password reset email:

1. Go to the TalentEd login page for your school district.
2. Click the "Forgot your password?" link.
3. Enter the email associated with your account. Because of added security measures, we recommend that you must use the email associated with the account.
4. This email should be sent within 5 minutes. If you don’t receive it, please check your junk mail and spam folders before contacting your system administrator.

If the system continues to send deactivated password reset links, I suggest reaching out to the Unified Talent Support team. The Unified Talent Support team should be able to look into the district's setup and send you an appropriate reset link.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!