Cannot complete a application

Sc4884rD

Cannot complete a application

I had started an application in the old system before suddenly having to spend over three weeks in the hospital. I tried to log in to complete the application, and I received instructions on how to sign up for this service. I was supposed to be direct to a "access data" page to allow me to migrate my existing over to the new account. I was not directed and am now stuck with two accounts that are not getting me any closer to a job in which I quite interested. If someone can explain how to actually move forward, I would appreciate it.

2 Replies
Sc4884rD

I worked around the issue and believe I was able to successfully submit the applications. Now to say what needs to be said: your system for application processing is not at all user-friendly. Neither PowerSchool nor TalentEd utilize very many Universal Design best practices. You're not W3C certified, nor are you certified by any body that is recognized as an authority on accessibility. It's really frustrating and, frankly, sad that our educational institutions use such antiquated practices. You're doing worse than you were just 15 years ago. This is also a liability for you. The worst part is it makes you look like you're willing to discriminate against protected class of people. Or, and this is just as bad, that the real test is the exercise in tedium of navigating the site and using the crude tools to move, say, an entry in your work history into the correct slot. If you've worked at lot of different places because that's just what happened your life, you can take comfort that getting your work history in order will only take 30-45 minutes to move them all into order. Since I had also submitted a resume, and tire quickly because I just got out of the hospital a few days ago, I ended up leaving mine out of order  because the process is maddening. All parties involved need adopt a much simpler approach for all users. Please, read up on Universal Design and the parts of the ADA that elude to best practices for web design. 

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Sc4884rD 

We regret that you are facing this inconvenience. The Talent Ed support team should be able to look into your system setup and discuss the issues you are facing with the UI design to see what improvement can be made.

We recommend submitting a ticket and working with the support team by clicking on this link

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!