Requests

StephanieJC
Practitioner

Requests

Anyone else finding this system clunky and not at all direct?

1. Make Chat live again for Civic Live properties

2.  Post a direct link to the support page on Civic Live websites. I've been going in circles and can't get on chat at all. 

12 Replies
PacificIT
Journeyman

I can't get in touch with anyone that can help with CivicLive.  There are no options in the telephone support for civiclive.  The alert emails have a link to @schoolmessenger address so i tried that support line and they don't know what civiclive is.  I've emailed and not heard back.  Chat shows offline and again there is no civiclive option anyway.  

Wendy_Thornton
Hobbyist

Hello!  Same boat here!  I found the following to get to a human for Civiclive.  Took me an hour to get the correct combination.  (I had an open legacy case that was not completed; no one would respond via email, no access to submit a case online & facing the phone tree of death.)

Support Phone Tree for PowerSchool

1. Press 1 for Support
  2. New Case Press 1  (Press 2 with open Case # tree is likely different)
  3. What product are you calling about?  Select 9 “Other”
  4. Press 7 School Messenger Support
  5. Press 2 for School Messenger Presence (Component is School Messenger Civiclive)
  6. Confirmed this will get Civiclive support or a call back for Civiclive

Products:  School Messenger Presence

Component:  School Messenger Civiclive

DevinChicras
Journeyman

I just went to their Support page and selected "SchoolMessenger" and when you fill out the form, there is an option to select the product "CivicLine" (yes, it's misspelled). Hoping for quick support, but setting expectations low. It's been clear now for a while that non-school customers are not a priority. Good luck! 

StephanieJC
Practitioner

Civic Line [sic] people are apparently on our own unless we use former channels (phone and email) to get any kind of help on our websites. I'm guessing the days of a quick talk to remedy an issue without having to deal with html are over. This morning I received the message below from Chat support after having gone around in circles for 35 minutes two days ago as they tried to figure out how I could access a real Chat support as we once had:

"I can't get in touch with anyone that can help with CivicLive.  There are no options in the telephone support for civiclive.  The alert emails have a link to @schoolmessenger address so i tried that support line and they don't know what civiclive is.  I've emailed and not heard back.  Chat shows offline and again there is no civiclive option anyway."

cityofauburnwa
Hobbyist

This is the link that came in their notification email and gets you to the form that starts both a live chat or opening a case depending on what you select on the form.

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Support-Case-Chat/ct-p/SupportCaseChat
Also, just for some backstory. CivicLive was purchased by West about 5 years ago which was then changed to SchoolMessenger, and now PowerSchool...  but the website product seems to always have been called "Presence".
Hope that helps!

StephanieJC
Practitioner

My apologies! I was reading quickly and didn't see from whom the email came - it wasn't from support - it was from you, a community member. I wonder if anyone on the back end will look at our comments and respond.

mbermudezrenton
Journeyman

I spent 40min this morning trying to figure this out and learned that if you call (800) 920-3897, press 1 for Support, 1 for New Case, and say "School Messenger Presence," you'll get a CivicLive rep. Sounds like there was a re-branding or something with the PowerSchool acquisition. There is no longer a direct support email, I'm told, so you can either call or use the support portal. Full disclosure: they seem to be going through a pretty significant support/ticketing system migration, which launched Monday, so have some patience with the reps. They're doing their best to hunt down information in a new environment. I'm sure we've all been there. 🙂

cityofauburnwa
Hobbyist

This is the link that came in their notification email and gets you to the form that starts both a live chat o opening a case depending on what you select on the form.

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Support-Case-Chat/ct-p/SupportCaseChat
Hope that helps!

cityofauburnwa
Hobbyist

@StephanieJC - I also put the request in the "Ideas Portal" to have the live chat added under the help menu because I think this area may just be for customers to talk to other customers.  (Don't know for sure.) Added it today so you should see it under the "recent" tab if you want to add a vote for it to boost it. https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-Ideas-Portal/ct-p/PowerSchool-Ideas-Portal 

StephanieJC
Practitioner

Yes, Civic Live/Presence has been bought and sold several times and seems to now be on the back burner for them - which makes sense. They've got thousands of school websites and services. Not so many government sites. Fortunately they've kept the same wonderful techs. I'm chilling until something emergent comes up. That will be the test. I appreciate knowing we are a little community here, that can share what we know.

DevinChicras
Journeyman

Anyone else can't get into their CivicLive CMS today? Just a blank screen.

Wendy_Thornton
Hobbyist

Good morning!  I can log into our gateway URL and edit our site for casperwy.gov.  They'll want you to try Incognito and/or another browser to make sure you don't have some weird cache issue.  Good luck!