Does anyone else not have access to their Case Portal?

cityofauburnwa
Hobbyist

Does anyone else not have access to their Case Portal?

I’ve been trying for over 4 weeks to get set up as a “Technical Contact” for our account (using CivicLive/Presence) so that I can have access to our case portal.  I already emailed businessoperations@powerschool.com after the switch to PowerSchool support on December 18th but still don’t have access to our case portal. For weeks I've been asking to get set up correctly because I'm getting the error message that says “Hmm, it looks like you don't have access to this resource” when trying use https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Case-Portal/ct-p/Support-CasePortal.  When I submitted the support case form, I don't even get an automated email back saying whether it has been received. I would think I would be able to see it in the case portal but I don't have access! This is lack of customer service is beyond frustrating.

Has anyone else been able to get set up as a Technical Contact on their account so they can access info on their support cases in the case portal?

1 Solution
cityofauburnwa
Hobbyist

So I finally got a hold of someone (Alexis) who told me that none of the SchoolMessenger/CivicLive Presence customers have any access to a case portal.  She had received an email that says they are in the process of transferring over the case portal from the old SchoolMessenger system to the PowerSchool but don't have an ETA. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
cityofauburnwa
Hobbyist

So I finally got a hold of someone (Alexis) who told me that none of the SchoolMessenger/CivicLive Presence customers have any access to a case portal.  She had received an email that says they are in the process of transferring over the case portal from the old SchoolMessenger system to the PowerSchool but don't have an ETA. 

StephanieJC
Practitioner

Ugh.

vanaya1
Rookie

We are also having issues accessing support, we don't receive any notification of the support cases we have attempted to submit. I also emailed businessoperations@powerschool and they stopped replying to me after telling me to verify I was on the right page. The support has been increasingly worse, also received error regarding no access to case portal.

dtimmCOG
Journeyman

Hey, I have the same issue AND I entered a case for that DMARC stuff after getting the email. This is a fuster cluck. I was able to get ahold of my "Customer Experience Director" a few weeks ago to ask wtf is going on. Then got ghosted. <sigh> All I see here is "schools" stuff and trying to build a "community". how about some basic support services like we used to have. Now I guess we wait and see if that portal comes up? 

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

We extend our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered connecting with Support.  Please rest assured that SchoolMessenger support is accessible to all users, and we're dedicated to assisting you.

To access support for SchoolMessenger, kindly follow the steps outlined below. Additionally, detailed instructions and a video guide can be found in our Getting Started in Community for SchoolMessenger Customers article:

1. Navigate to the "Support" section in the main menu of PowerSchool Community.
  2. Choose the category SchoolMessenger or use this direct link.
  3. Complete the form and choose either Launch Chat Support (immediate assistance) or Create Case (email case).

It's important to clarify that the issue you're experiencing is likely associated with the recent DMARC changes implemented by Google and Yahoo, rather than PowerSchool. We understand the frustration this may cause and are committed to keeping you informed about these changes while guiding you through any necessary steps.

Please take a moment to read our recent announcement regarding DMARC changes. This announcement contains valuable information on how to adapt to the new requirements and ensure a seamless experience.

Please know that addressing your concerns remains our top priority, and we are fully committed to providing you with an improved experience. Our support team is actively refining our processes to ensure quicker responses, with a focus on addressing critical issues first.

Your patience during this time is greatly appreciated, and we want to assure you that we are dedicated to resolving all open cases submitted by our customers. Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

cityofauburnwa
Hobbyist

@jamiem7 - It seems very unlikely that the issues we are talking about here have anything to do with the DMARK changes because that is related to sending emails to Gmail and Yahoo email addresses and we don't use that here at the City of Auburn, WA.  We are having 4 major customer service issues that would cause us to give PowerSchool a 1 out of 10 for customer service level:

1. Takes weeks if not months to resolve an issue where functionality has been removed from our website due to no fault of our own (things we paid for on the site have dissappeared and are no longer accessible to us through no fault of our own.)

2. If we try to get customer service by submitting a support case we don't receive any automated email saying that a support case was opened or what the number was so we have nothing to reply to even if we have additional information to add.

3. We don't have a case portal for the CivicLive Presence/CMS website so we can't check there to see if our case was created.

4 We have tried to do a Live Chat from https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Support-Case-Chat/ct-p/SupportCaseChat during the hours of 5am to 5pm and nobody replies.  We also get no confirmation email that the information put into the Live Chat form was ever even received by PowerSchool...  no case number, no response.  Just seems like a black hole.

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing this information.  This is a part of phase one of the migration to PowerSchool Support which does not provide a case confirmation via email or the manage cases portal.  There is a case confirmation page once the case is submitted, but it does not provide a case number.  We're currently building phase two and hope to have the case portal available to SchoolMessenger customers to manage cases.

dtimmCOG
Journeyman

@jamiem7, first of all, thanks for at least showing that someone is reading our comments. That IS appreciated even if this transition is akin to a floating dumpster fire. Luckily things are all working. Hopefully that continues because not having an avenue to track issues IS an issue. Combine that with the lack of marketing for CivicLive customers, probably makes a lot of feel like the unwanted step-child. Your side bought the product and we need to have the services we pay for and expect. I'd even be satisfied with a solid "here is what doesn't work" list. At least we can manage expectations.

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

For the PowerSchool Community, everything is working as expected.  Some SchoolMessenger customers had access to a case management page before the migration, but most did not.  We do see the value of adding this functionality which is why we are working on options.  While I do not have a specific eta, we do hope it will be available in one of the upcoming releases in the community.  These often occur at the end of each month.  We will send communication and post information in the community once phase two is released.

Elviscc78
Rookie

Hello, congratulation