Problems logging on to existing account AND creating a new account

BVenne

Problems logging on to existing account AND creating a new account

I have tried repeatedly to log on to my existing account with no luck.  I tried to create a brand new account...new username, new password, new email address....and when I go to enter my children's info - I get this message..."_______ has not been added to your account.  Valid student info must be entered."

Also, when I use the PS app, I can't sign is as the parent.  I have to sign in using my son's Access ID and PW.  It works that way, but in order to see my other son's info, I have to log out...and then log back in using son #2's Access ID and PW.  Having to jump through hoops is not what I want to do to check my children's school progress.  

Our school has contacted you with this same issue.  I am trying to figure this out for our school's teachers, staff and parents.  Can someone please help me?  Thanks!

1 Reply
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @BVenne 

Thank you for reaching out in the Community!  I am sorry you are facing difficulty logging in.

If you are having issues logging in to your existing Parent Portal, you can click on the forgot password button to reset your password. The steps mentioned in this article: Reset Password should help. If you still cannot log in, you should reach out to your district directly as the Parent Portal accounts are managed and handled at the district's end.

In case you prefer to use a new account, please refer to this article: How do I log into PowerSchool to check if you have setup up your new account correctly. The access ID and Password helps link students to your Parent Portal account, it is not the same as your Parent Portal credentials. You will have to set those using the Create Account button on the Parent Portal page. You can refer to this article: Adding Students to the Parent Portal to add a student to your Parent Portal. This article, Using-the-PowerSchool-Mobile-App, should guide you on the process to link your student information in the Parent Portal to the PowerSchool SIS Mobile App.

You can also work with the Enrollment Support Team in case you still face a problem with accessing your student's information through the parent portal by clicking this link.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!