Building a group or activity group to assign student to for attendance purposes.

smahurin
Journeyman

Building a group or activity group to assign student to for attendance purposes.

I am the HS/ MS Secretary- I maintain all attendance records.  During a training a few years back we touch very quickly on how to create a group or activity that we could attach students to and then when taking attendance I could pull up said group (ex: Football, Band, Cheerleading, Baseball) and enter their Activity absence all at once.  Allowing me to not have to enter every student one at a time.  Some days we have several activity groups off of campus and can take me a long time to get all attendance entered before teachers submit their attendance, so I am therefore back tracking and correcting a lot.  I know how to create the activity but not sure how to run it to where all the students I assign to that specific activity attach?  I have not had any luck.  If anyone know and would like to provide the steps I would greatly appreciate it.

2 Solutions
BishalG
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @smahurin,

I am happy to assist, would you please provide the name of the product that you are using?  It should be along the lines of PowerSchool SIS or InformationNOW SIS  (iNow) or PowerSchool Learning, etc.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!

View solution in original post

smahurin
Journeyman

I would forever be thankful.  We use PowerSchool SIS.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BishalG
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @smahurin,

I am happy to assist, would you please provide the name of the product that you are using?  It should be along the lines of PowerSchool SIS or InformationNOW SIS  (iNow) or PowerSchool Learning, etc.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
smahurin
Journeyman

I would forever be thankful.  We use PowerSchool SIS.