Registration: Contacts: unable to edit relationship to student field

nutrigene
Journeyman

Registration: Contacts: unable to edit relationship to student field

The relationship to student field is required, but I cannot select it or edit it to fill it in.

3 Replies
ElstonS
Senior

Hi @nutrigene

There are multiple reasons why the 'relationship to student' field may not let you edit it to fill in the information.

Our Enrollment forms are designed to work best on Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox internet browsers. So, if you are using some other browser, I recommend trying one of these to fill the form. 

If you are attempting to complete a required field, but the field remains greyed-out, this means that the field is a Read-Only field. These fields are intended to be completed with information from your school district’s database, and thus are not able to be changed. I have attached an article below that will guide you through the process of completing the form. You can access the article through this direct link. 

If you are still unable to complete the 'relationship to student' field, I recommend reaching out to the Enrollment section of your school district, who should be able to assist you with submitting the form to the school.

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

krispixvt

I am having this same problem and the "direct link" is no longer valid.  Please help.

Required "contact relationship" field is greyed out, read only.  I am unable to remove the contact or input an actual relationship.

Thanks,

Kristen

MuskanS
Prodigy

Hi! @krispixvt,

If there is information missing from a required Read-Only field, we suggest contacting your school district directly so that they can update their database with the missing information.  The article on cannot complete the required field should guide you with a few steps that you can take before contacting your school.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator