Changing schools when registering

sonyaspruill
Recruit

Changing schools when registering

My kids are transferring from their charter school to their zoned neighborhood schools 2022-2023. I have submitted the withdrawal form to their charter school already and it has been received.  When I go online to register them for their neighborhood schools, it automatically shows the charter school and no way to edit or change.

I've been told 2 different things.  One, that I would go in person to register at their neighborhood schools. Two, register online and there would be some way to select new for school.  I've contacted both neighborhood school counselors and was told there is no need for in person, only online.  The charter school says to go to the other schools.

Has anyone else encountered this situation?  I'm in Charleston County.

3 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @sonyaspruill

If your withdrawal form was accepted and you are still seeing the charter school for registration, it could be the district has not updated the student information yet. I would recommend you report this to the district directly so that they can have a look into the issue and update the information at their end.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

tmartin3
Recruit

Yes, I am having the same issue in Charleston County as well.  Our charter school said they notated we would not return next year, but PowerSchool registration still shows the charter school.  I have been calling and emailing the district all week and have received no answers.

Did you ever get yours resolved?  If so, what did you have to do?

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @tmartin3,

Good Day! Thank you for reaching out in the Community. We understand your concern and are sorry to hear that you are facing an inconvenience.

In this situation, we recommend reaching out directly to the enrollment section of your school district as they will have to update this information from their end. I would recommend keeping an eye out for the email communications from your school district as well.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator