non-blank attendance

DanaD3
Journeyman

non-blank attendance

I am attempting to drop a student from a class and get the following message:

"For StudentID: XXXX and CC_ID: XXXXXXX, non-blank attendance records exist prior to the new entry date. Please set these associated non-blank attendance records to a blank code before proceeding." 

I don't understand what is meant by "the new entry date" as this is a course that I am dropping - not entering.  I have tried dropping from the section and it states the changes have been saved but the student is still showing as enrolled.  How can I fix this so I can drop the student from the class?

thanks,

Dana Douglas

1 Solution
CindyM8
Expert

The student has class attendance on or after the exit date. Dropping a student from a class when there is attendance on or after the class exit date would orphan the class attendance and the system does not allow that. You can remove the attendance and then proceed with the drop.

CM

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CindyM8
Expert

The student has class attendance on or after the exit date. Dropping a student from a class when there is attendance on or after the class exit date would orphan the class attendance and the system does not allow that. You can remove the attendance and then proceed with the drop.

CM

DanaD3
Journeyman

Thank you!