Work History Order

HannahJ
Journeyman

Work History Order

I am relatively new to using the PeopleAdmin HigherEd Platform.  I transferred from PeopleAdmin 5.8 last Fall due to that product ending.  One of the functionalities of the old system was to be able to have the application default to put work history in order by the start date the applicant entered for each employer (you could chose newest to oldest or oldest to newest).  That way if they added something they forgot, it would order it correctly. I have been told there is no ability to do so in this version. The information gets listed however the applicant entered their information. 

This has become a large problem, we have had many applicants go in and update something they have forgotten.  It then lists their work history all out of order.  Most are not going to take the time to delete multiple jobs they have already entered just to put something they forgot in the middle, and then have to re-enter the ones they deleted all over again.  Has anyone else had this issue and was it able to be addressed?  It actually was a little shocking to me to not have this as a standard feature/option to have work history default to be in order .

1 Solution
kpham
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Hello there @HannahJ  !

This is something we can absolutely do! Please submit a support case and we should be able to help out with this - Feel free to reference this community post and let the support engineer know that you're wanting to sort the builder section for Employment Experience based on either the start date or the end date.

Thank you!

Kris

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kpham
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Hello there @HannahJ  !

This is something we can absolutely do! Please submit a support case and we should be able to help out with this - Feel free to reference this community post and let the support engineer know that you're wanting to sort the builder section for Employment Experience based on either the start date or the end date.

Thank you!

Kris

HannahJ
Journeyman

Thanks Kris.  I was told by support that this was not possible.  Reference closed case number # 06972116, and the response I received on 2/2/23 regarding this request.

Maybe this was a recent change that was made.  I will submit another case regarding this.  Thank you for your help.