Transcript

JJmcknight
Rookie

Transcript

How do I remove study hall from all student's transcripts?

13 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@JJmcknight Go to Setup>School>Courses>Find Course>Check "Exclude on Report Cards/Transcripts."

Be sure the Transcript Object on your Object Report is not overriding that setting. See attached.

@JeffG9 I haven't done a global change to stored grades in years so correct me if I'm wrong, but once a class (e.g. Study Hall) is stored and now appears in Historical Grades for that student, you can no longer globally turn on or off "Exclude on Report Cards/Transcripts." Instead, wouldn't you need to go to DDA and make the change there for Study Hall?

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@DanM3 Just double-checked on my test server; I used the Exclude checkbox on the Course page and it removed a grade I had stored back in October from a report card I ran this morning, so it does work as it should.

@JJmcknight Yes, check that box for your Study Hall course(s). You can also check the Exclude From Storing Final Grades box for Study Hall if you'd rather not ever store grades for it.

I did that, and it is still showing up. Is there another way of doing it?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@JJmcknight You can mass edit the stored Study Hall grades via DDA to not display on transcripts. You will need to select the grades you want to alter from the StoredGrades table, switch to DDA and change the ExcludeFromTranscripts value to True.

I know this will be a pain, but could you tell me step by step how to do all of that, please?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@JJmcknight 

-Switch to the appropriate school.

-Go to Setup>System>DDE>Switch to StoredGrades Table

-Search for the appropriate:

Course_Number

StoreCode

TermID

[these will be specific to your situation. See the attached screenshot called Search to see what I mean]

-Switch to DDA

-Click Modify Records

-Modify the appropriate field.

Just remember this is a very public forum (parents, students, teachers, etc.) that anyone can see verses PS SIS Admin which I believe is restricted to technical contacts. I'm not sure including these detailed steps here is a good idea.

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Which is why I didn't tell him how to switch to DDA. 🙂

If you are referring to Object Reports, that option is no longer working in DDA to Exclude from Transcript.  We had to change the Transcript Object on the Object Report to get this to work for us.  So, now it will only display the credit types we want on our transcripts.

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Changes via DDA to Stored Grades to Exclude Grades from Transcripts works as it should.

There is a an override setting on Transcript Objects themselves that will ignore the setting on the Stored Grade.

Thank you! So, the Override "Exclude from Transcripts" Historical Grade setting should not be checked? 

cathymcquitty
Practitioner

I couldn't get that option to work for us.  It does state to Exclude now, but all of the students elementary grades are still showing up from 5th on up.  We had to change our grades to include 5th since we have some kids taking college courses in the 5th grade.